USDA names companies in PACA actions
The U.S. Department of Agriculture has sanctioned five produce companies for failing to pay Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act reparations.
The following business and individuals are restricted from operating in the produce industry, according to a news release:
- Osman Produce LLLC, Tucson, Ariz., for failing to pay $31,627 to sellers in Arizona, Florida and North Carolina. Oscar E. Villa is listed as a member of the business;
- Peggy Jean Blatter, Kersey, Colo., for failing to pay $101,962 to a Colorado seller. She is the sole proprietor of the business;
- Genaro Produce Inc., Miami, for failing to pay $31,246 to a Texas seller. As of the issuance date on the date on the order, Genaro and Teodoro Aragon were listed as the officers, directors and/or major stockholders;
- Herbguy Inc., Pleasant Valley, N.Y., for failing to pay $18,000 in awards issued in favor of two sellers in California and New York; and
- Candymar Produce Inc., McAllen, Texas, for failing to pay a $19,407 to a Texas seller. Maricela Diaz and Candido Nieto are listed as officers, directors and/or major stockholders of the business.