USDA appoints members to the Hass Avocado Board
The U.S. Department of Agriculture has appointed nine members to the Hass Avocado Board.
The new members, serving three-year terms, are:
- David Fausset, Camarillo, Calif.
- Bob Schaar, Fallbrook, Calif.
- Charley Wolk, Fallbrook
- Gahl Crane, Long Beach, Calif.
- Scott Bauwens, Newbury Park, Calif.
- Paul Romero, Ventura, Calif.
- Aaron Hernan Acosta, McAllen, Texas
- Elizabeth Ayala, Mission, Texas
Dave Billings, Irvine, Calif., was appointed to serve a two-year term to fill a seat that has been vacant since February, according to a news release.
The board has 12 members nominated by the industry and appointed by the USDA: seven producers, two importers and three producers or importers that serve in swing seats.
“The Hass Avocado Board plays a very important role developing markets and uses for a projected volume of more than 2.4 billion avocados in the U.S. marketplace,” Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue said in the release. “The Hass avocado industry will be well served by these appointees’ keen knowledge and experience.”