USDA appoints members, alternates to Hass Avocado Board
The U.S. Department of Agriculture has appointed 11 members to the Hass Avocado Board.
Their three-year terms on the board began Nov. 1; one producer alternate fills the remainder of a term that expires on Oct. 31, 2021.
New members and alternates are:
- Susan Pinkerton, Ventura, Calif., producer;
- Ben Van Der Kar, Carpinteria, Calif., producer;
- CJ Shade, Ojai, Calif., producer;
- William Carleton, Carpinteria, producer;
- Jeff Dickinson, Fallbrook, Calif., producer;
- Kimberlin Brown Pelzer, Fallbrook, Calif., producer;
- Keith Slattery, San Clemente, Calif., producer alternate (1-year term)
- Jorge Hernandez, McAllen, Texas, importer;
- Sergio Chavez, Lake Elsinore, Calif., importer;
- Andrew Bruno, Newbury Park, Calif., importer alternate; and
- Peter Shore, Ojai, importer alternate.
The Hass Avocado Board has 12 members, which include seven producer members, two importer members and three producer or importer members who serve in swing seats, according to a news release. Each member has an alternate.
More information is on the Agricultural Marketing Service Hass Avocado Board webpage and on the board’s website at hassavocadoboard.com.