Top retailers in the Southwest by market share
Each year, The Shelby Report showcases valuable retail market share data. In the interactive map below, find each major market around the Southwest. Also, highlighted are the major cities in each market.
All markets are “labeled” or identified by their primary state (with metros or key cities). Percentages are estimates based on annualized sales, industry data, institutional research and store footprints. Shares are updated as market metrics dictate and retailers supply their store lists.*
Market shares are for chains, independents and/or the wholesalers (voluntary or cooperative) which supply them within each region’s distribution area, extending well beyond typical metros or CBSAs. Each market is defined by the sphere of distribution, not by a rigid geographic boundary.
Major cities in each market:
- Colorado/Wyoming/Nebraska/South Dakota - Denver, Boulder, Colorado Springs,
- Ft Collins, Pueblo, Grand Junctiion, Cheyenne
- West Texas/New Mexico/Colorado/Kansas - Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Las Cruces, El Paso, Amarillo,
- Lubbock, Wichita Falls, Abilene, Odessa
- South Texas - San Antonio, Austin, Waco, Laredo,
- Corpus Christi, McAllen, Brownsville
- North Texas/Louisana/Arkansas/Oklahoma - Dallas, Fort Worth, Tyler, Longview, Shreveport
- East Texas/Louisiana - Houston, Pasadena, Galveston, Bryan,
- Beaumont, Port Arthur, Lake Charles
- Oklahoma - Oklahoma City, Tulsa
- Springfield, MO - Springfield, MO; Fayetteville, Bentonville, AR