Stronger Together US event focuses on ethical labor recruitment
The event, Sept. 27 in West Palm Beach, is organized by Stronger Together US, a business-led program promoting responsible recruitment for farmworkers in the U.S. produce industry, according to a news release.
The program seeks to increase the supply of ethically sourced labor and improve recruitment and employment for migrant workers. The parent organization is registered in England and Wales and includes programs in the U.S. and South Africa.
Growers, labor agencies, packers, distributors, foodservice operators, marketers and retailers of fresh produce, as well as industry associations and others are invited to the event.
“Given current labor shortages, responsible recruitment of workers is critical to achieving commercial goals and delivering an exceptional job-seeker experience,” according to the release.
The agenda includes:
- Building and Retaining a Competitive Workforce, by speaker Brian Kocher, president and CEO of Castellini Group;
- Panel on Perspectives and Experiences with Responsible Recruitment, with Justin Roberson, chief operations officer of Lipman Family Farms; Chalmers Carr, CEO of Titan Farms; and Doug Nystrom, director of human rights at Walmart; and
- Interactive discussion session on current experiences in recruitment.
For more information and to register for the free event, visit s2gusroundtableflorida.eventbrite.co.uk.
- USDA’s Censky visits Grimmway Farms to discuss labor, other issues
- Labor relations forum set for Orlando
- U.S. and Guatemala sign agreement to improve H2-A program