Pace International presents annual Postharvest Academy
The series and topics are:
- Oct. 20: 10-11 a.m. Pacific: Jim Cranney, president of the California Citrus Quality Council, with a regulatory update on citrus.
- Oct. 20: 11 a.m.-noon Pacific: Christian Aguilar, senior biology scientist-plant pathology at Pace International, discussing management of postharvest decay issues affecting California cherries, citrus and pomegranates.
- Oct. 22: 10 a.m. Pacific: Michelle Danyluk, University of Florida professor, on Biofilms: What are they and why should you care?
- Oct. 22: 11 a.m. to noon Pacific: Trevor Suslow, senior vice president of food safety for the Produce Marketing Association, on Current Concepts in Postharvest Wash Water Management for Tree Fruit.
- Oct. 27: 10-11 a.m. Pacific: Lauren M. Scott, chief strategy and membership officer at the PMA, on the future of global produce consumption.
- Oct. 27: 11 a.m.-noon Pacific: Scott Christie, senior engineering and application services manager for Pace International, on Technology, Sustainability, and Automation: Key Pillars to a Competitive Edge.
- Oct. 29: 10 a.m. Pacific: Mary Lu Arpaia, professor of extension subtropical horticulture abd the University of California-Riverside, on postharvest fumigation alternatives for fresh citrus.