New York Apple Association appoints board members
The Fishers, N.Y.-based New York Apple Association’s board of directors elected officers and welcomed new members.
Sarah Dressel Nikles of Dressel Farms, New Paltz, returns as board chairwoman, Robert Brown III of Orchard Dale Fruit Farm, Waterport, returns as vice chairman and Karla Bailey of KC Bailey Orchards, Williamson, was elected secretary and treasurer.
The board also welcomed new members who were elected earlier this spring:
- Randy Hart of Hart Apple Farms LLC, Peru, N.Y. He is a third-generation grower with more than 20 years of industry experience. He is co-owner of Hart Apple Farms and grows apples on 250 acres for the fresh wholesale market. He is on the New York State Horticultural Society board and serves on the Cornell Cooperative Extension Advisory Committee.
- Scott Seeberger of Windy Hill Orchard, Castleton. N.Y. Seeberger is a fourth-generation farmer who grows apples on 158 acres for the fresh wholesale market. He has 19 years of industry experience as a direct marketer and is the owner of Northeastern Apple Sales. Seeberger also owns a u-pick apple orchard/farm market in central New York.
- Dominic Romero of Pavero Cold Storage, Highland, N.Y. Romero is a fourth-generation apple grower from the Hudson Valley who farms 800 acres for the fresh wholesale market. He is orchard manager for Pavero Cold Storage, handling land preparation, spray applications and maintenance.
- Christopher Oakes of LynOaken Farms Inc., Lyndonville, N.Y. Oakes is a fourth-generation apple grower who grows 250 acres for the fresh wholesale market. Oakes grows many new varieties and varieties for LynOaken hard cider. He is on the Orleans Cornell Cooperative Extension board of directors and is a graduate of Cornell University’s LEAD NY.
- NY Apple Association receives TV award
- New York Apple promotes Cailin Kowalewski
- New York apple industry has large economic benefit