Mastronardi aims to elevate category with new Wow Berries
CHICAGO – Mastronardi Produce launched its premium Wow Berries product line at the United Fresh Produce Association conference and expo June 11.
At its booth, Mastronardi showcased three strawberry varieties – the Lolliberry, the Pearberry and the Dreamberry – along with the Moonberry blackberry, the Angelberry raspberry and the Joyberry blueberry. The items were on display and available to sample.
“Each one has its own unique flavor notes, and so as you taste each one, it’s going to be a really special experience,” said Nicole Balderas, vice president of marketing.
The packaging for the items gave the following descriptions:
- Dreamberry – “Tastes like a strawberry should” and “Perfectly sweet every time”
- Moonberry – “A burst of brilliance”
- Pearberry – “A fusion of flavor” and “With notes of pear & tart apple”
- Angelberry – “Miraculously sweet”
- Joyberry – “Poppin’ with flavor”
- Lolliberry – “Pink on purpose” and “Candy-sweet with a fragrant aroma”
“We wanted the names to reflect the experiential nature of Wow berries,” Balderas said. “It’s doing something with berries that just hasn’t been done in the category before.
“That’s what’s really exciting about this,” Balderas said. “This really is elevating the berries category, bringing something new to the category.”
People can start looking out for the berries in stores this fall.