Green Giant Fresh rolls out new Veggie Bowls
Salinas, Calif.-based Green Giant Fresh, is launching a refreshed line of Veggie Bowls.
All of the bowls have been reformulated to now include cheeses, wontons, tortilla strips, dried fruits and pepitas, according to the company.
With a suggested retail price of $3.99 per bowl, all the bowls are shipping nationwide to retailers nationwide in mid-September, according to a news release.
“Consumers are demanding more plant-based alternatives at every meal occasion and we’ve created a satisfyingly complete option that can be prepared within a few minutes,” Riley Hathaway, research and development manager for Green Giant Fresh, said in the release. “Our new recipes reflect the time and taste testing we’ve invested to deliver a hearty and flavorful crunch in every bite.”
The six Veggie Bowls are built around the brand’s Cauliflower Crumbles chopped cauliflower and regionally inspired sauces to create quick meal solutions, according to the release.
All the Veggie Bowls are vegetarian and packaged in a microwave-safe container that now includes a fork The release said the line includes six varieties:
- Korean BBQ: A new selection featuring Cauliflower Crumbles chopped cauliflower, onion, carrots, celery and broccoli in a sweet heat bulgogi sauce with crispy noodles;
- Harvest: A new selection featuring Cauliflower Crumbles chopped cauliflower, sweet potato and celery in a tangy citrus-garlic sauce with dried cranberries, pepitas and crumbled feta cheese;
- Sante Fe Bowl: Previously called Rancheros, the Sante Fe Bowl features Cauliflower Crumbles chopped cauliflower, sweet potato and kale in a tomatillo lime sauce served with seasoned tortilla strips and sharp cheddar cheese;
- Buddha Bowl: The selection features Cauliflower Crumbles chopped cauliflower, sweet potato, broccoli and Brussels sprouts in a creamy tahini sauce with dried chickpeas;
- Burrito Bowl: The selection features Cauliflower Crumbles chopped cauliflower in a sweet corn and zesty black bean salsa with seasoned tortilla strips and sharp cheddar cheese; and
- “Fried Rice” Bowl: A selection that features Cauliflower Crumbles chopped cauliflower, carrots, celery, onion and broccoli in a sweet teriyaki sauce with garlic-ginger wonton strips.